Today ChatFighters got a new Message system. I consider it BETA.
Over the next hours and days, it will improve. - Especially on Mobile.
Functions to come in the next days:
- Star messages will be back soon.
- Direct attachments of pictures.
- Search inside the messages
I know it is an early version, but getting your feedback that early in the process helps to develop it in the right direction.
So if you have any ideas or points you like to see (or find bugs), NOW is the time to speak up loud :)
Thanks for all your help in improving ChatFighters.
Update 6th of September:
- Fixed a number of issues related to messages from deleted characters.
- Sending a spam report and a generic "no interest" response works now.
- You can now see your starred messages in a list for each character.
- Your canned responses are now shared between your characters.
- You can select some individual messages from a thread to delete.
- Ability to download your messages in a .zip file is restored.
Coming up next:
- Outbox (list of your sent messages).
- Message search page.
New Forum is online!The Forum is divided into three categories, each having its subgroups.
The categories and the subgroups are not final. And whenever a topic is rising, and worth is own group, we will adjust the structure.
I think the new Forum represents a more modern look and a good understanding of what this Site is all about.
Result of the past survey:
I wanted to get a feeling and help to prioritize the pending ideas on my ToDo list. We have a clear winner and clear losers, and in between some draw. It helps a lot to develop the website in the right direction.
Thank you for everyone who took the time and voted or even left a comment. Please keep doing so also in the future!
When looking at the results, please keep in mind that I work on a new messaging system (which will include attachments of all kinds) regardless. I need the new messaging system for our App. Also, keep in mind that I work on MeetFighters and ChatFighters in parallel. Soon the Forum will update on MeetFighters too.
Both are longer projects and the features questioned in the survey are mostly additional weekend projects what can be squeezed in between for some change of programming variety :)
Thanks again for your feedback, and have a look at our new Forum.
Stay safe, and stay nice while you knock each other out!
The next site update will focus on the forum. The current ChatFighters forum was always meant as a temporary solution, and I think we more than outgrew it. The MeetFighters forum has a quite old design too, so it makes sense to redesign it with modern web elements. It will take roughly 30-40 hours of work. And I will work on it whenever I’m free.
After the forum is refreshed; What should the Summer Site Update focus on? On our support page and in the forum, I got a couple of good ideas, but I’m not sure how to prioritize them.
One side project is always ongoing, the APP what includes the redesign of the message system - it is quite outdated too.
I, for myself, want push-notification for messages or even the chat. But that is a huge task, and I want to squeeze in some smaller projects in between.
To help me focus on the right topics, please select the ideas and features you think should be prioritized the highest:
Error in magic content: 'poll/1': Can't call method "group_id" on an undefined value at ./Modules.pm line 28.
Thanks for sharing your feedback and ideas!
As you might remember, since the launch of ChatFighters we wanted to have a tournament system in place (Site News #1). A few days ago Champion Maker started a tournament in our Forum. I took this as an opportunity to get the tournament system implemented. And today, we will launch the new site feature! It is still heavily under development, but the feature set will expand very quickly over the next days.
Some key features:
- A dedicated subpage for each tournament will be created. At any time, you can follow up on the stories, and the current ranking represented in a cool layout.
- Anyone can open a tournament, we start today with Champion Maker's one. This person has full control over everything inside the tournament.
- Only one tournament can be ongoing at a time.
- Participants get an icon on their profile and in chat.
- Winners will get a medal based on their rank to be displayed on their profiles permanently. The organizer can define up to 3 special awards (best jobber, best writer...)
- All participants will have a permanent icon showing their contribution to a tournament.
- Every tournament will have a unique icon a medal, provided from the organizer or chosen from some images we provide.
First Tournament: Chatfighters Championship April 2020
Enjoy and have fun!
As promised in the last Site News #1, the time of adding new features started!
New !dice commands are added to the chat:
You can specify the number and sides, e.g. !dice 3d10
Also, check the help page for more commands; in the chat click the yellow menu button then select 'Help'.
I noticed that in a few profiles, the description was used to link to another character and describe the relation to him.
I'm happy to introduce a new major feature: Relationships
There are a bunch of different relationships already available. Click here for more information and how to use them. Relationships can add a lot of flavor to your character, so use them if you wish (or ignore them if you want.)
Next up: The Arena preview link, group functions, win/loss statistics, Character sheet redesign, and much more.
If you have ideas for features, please post them below this News post. Or start a new forum topic. The order and priority in which I implement features are closely tight to the interest they create.